How do I compress video capture from CamPanel?
Hi, I have the demo of CamPanel 2.5 and when I Capture a video, it is not Compressed. For about 1 hour of capture it takes 20GB. and if I try to compress I can't click on the compress button. Can you help me please to compress my capture?
You're using the Immediate Capture feature, which records is not meant for lengthy surveillance. Instead, try using Scheduled Capture. It lets you specify a frame rate for capture, so you can control how much storage space your capture surveillance uses.
Here's how you enable Scheduled Capture:
- Click the window of the camera fee you want to capture.
- Click the menu button in the window's top-left corner.
- Select Capture & Surveillance Settings.
- If you want to be able to use motion detection to trigger capture, select Motion Detection.
- Click the Capture tab.
- Check the file locations CamPanel is set to save captured picture and video to. If you prefer different locations, type their paths in the boxes.
- The field Erase oldest saved pictures if free disk space is below __ sets the maximum quantity of captured video CamPanel stores on your hard drive before it begins overwriting the oldest video. Adjust the setting based on the storage capacity you have available and the quantity of video you want to be able to store. As a rough rule of thumb, one week of surveillance from one camera feed, using CamPanel's default frame rate settings, takes up about 30GB of disk space.
- Click the Motion tab.
- If you want CamPanel to capture video to disk even when it does not detect motion, select Capture a picture every __ second(s) during stillness and type the number of seconds in the box.
Note: You can use this option together with motion-triggered capture to capture at a slow rate during stillness and a faster rate when motion is detected.
- If you want to capture video when CamPanel detects motion, select Schedule motion detection On/Off events. Then, in the On at and Off at boxes specify (using 24-hour format) the times of day you want motion-triggered capture to begin and end. Or, select On at startup to enable motion-triggered capture whenever CamPanel is running.
- For motion-triggered capture, you also need to select Capture motion videos at frame rate. Then type a frame rate in the frames/second box for video captured during motion and in the On at and Off at boxes specify (using 24-hour format) the times of day you want motion-triggered capture to begin and end. Or, select On at startup to for motion-triggered capture to be enabled whenever CamPanel is running.
- Click OK.
More questions about CamPanel